EVENT IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES:
Accept applications: February 14, 2017
Application deadline: December 16, 2017
Jury dates: December 17-19, 2017
Notification of acceptance: December 19, 2017
Accept invitation & purchase deadline: January 8, 2018
Wait List Released: January 10, 2018
*(The Wait List will only remain open until all available spaces are filled).
Late applications may be accepted at the discretion of the Director and included in the Wait List.
Application fee: $25 ($35 for paper app)
Standard 8×8 booth fee: $250 (Up to 86 total exhibition booths)
Double booth fee: $400 (Limited availability)
Electricity: $25 (limited availability)
- NO SHOW POLICY
Artists who have not checked-in and/or called the Festival Emergency Number (number will be available in confirmation materials) by 8:00 am Saturday, January 21 will be considered a “no-show.” No Show artists are not eligible for refunds. Assigned space(s) will be forfeited to a wait-list artist.
- RAIN OR SHINE
There will be no “rain date” and fees will not be refunded in the case of inclement weather. The event will take place rain or shine.
- BOOTH SPACES
Assigned standard booth spaces are approximately 8’ deep and 8’ wide. Double booths spaces are also available. Table spaces are 6′ deep and 8′ wide. Please note that the festival is exclusively indoors. No tent structures are allowed to be used indoors; no nails are allowed into walls or floors; all displays must be free standing. All work exhibited must be confined to the assigned space(s). Artists are responsible for providing their own means of displaying their work.
- LOAD IN/LOAD OUT
Artists will be able to unload near the entrance to the mansion during set-up and tear down. Artists can load-in only during the designated times and must check-in with a photo ID. The lane of traffic is only wide enough for one vehicle. Therefore, we depend upon artists’ cooperation to keep traffic moving at a pace that will allow everyone equal time to set-up. We ask that upon arrival at your booth location you unpack then move your vehicle before you start set-up. Artists will be responsible for hand carting in additional merchandise after the designated load in time.
- SPECIAL REQUESTS
We will do our best to honor any space request submitted in writing on the application.
Temporary parking is available on site (for loading). Artist parking during the event will be off site. Specific directions will be given at check in. Additional parking will be available off-site at the Emory Campus on Briarcliff and a shuttle will be going back and forth all day.
Overnight security will patrol the festival grounds on Friday and Saturday. Please keep in mind that security is limited so we request that you take precautions and remove all valuable items. The Callanwolde Arts Festival is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage.
•Volunteer booth sitters
•24 hour security
•Artist ID tags
•Refreshments provided throughout the show
- CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellations must be made in written form at least 30 days prior to the event and submitted by mail or e-mail. E-mails can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member will respond to the applicant.
- RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The Festival provides only the ground space for exhibits. Each Exhibitor must provide and prepare his/her own displays. No tent structures are allowed to be used indoors; no nails are allowed into walls or floors; all displays must be free standing.
2. One week prior to the Festival, Exhibitors will be notified of their site location and detailed set up information. Plan to set up your booth on Friday, January 22. Last minute set up is Saturday, January 23 from 7 – 9 a.m. *(Early Load in is available for Thursday 01/21/16, 12:00pm (noon).
3. After unloading Exhibitor vehicles must be moved to designated parking. Vehicles will not be permitted to remain in the public parking area during the Festival, nor may they enter the Festival grounds until approved by the Festival Committee.
4. Exhibitors shall be responsible for obtaining any required licenses, permits or approvals under state laws applicable to his/her activity at the Festival and for paying any taxes, sales taxes, fees or other charges that may be applicable to any Exhibitor’s activity at the Festival.
5. The Festival is a rain or shine event. Cancellations prior to the due date must be made in written form and submitted at least 30 days prior to the event by mail or email. By mail: send to P.O. Box 422571, Atlanta GA 30342. By email: to email@example.com. No refunds will be given for cancellations after the due date or no-shows.
6. The Festival reserves the right to cancel an Exhibitor’s contract. The Festival may require the Exhibitor to leave the Festival at any time if the Exhibitor is in violation of any rules and/or regulations stated herein.
7. Neither AFFPS nor its agents or representatives will be responsible for any injury, damage, or loss that may occur to the Exhibitor, the Exhibitor’s agents or representatives or his/her property from any cause whatsoever. Exhibitors should obtain, at their own expense, insurance against any loss, damage, or injury they may require.
8. All Artist Market merchandise must be original, handmade and created by the Exhibitor.
NOTE: There is no Street Market. Reproductions must be clearly identified as such. Original art must occupy at least 50% of the artist’s space. Browse bins may occupy only minimal space and must be aesthetically pleasing and not obstruct patron flow. All artwork on display must be for sale.
9. Artists may only show work in categories approved by the Jury.
10. Artists must be present with their work for the duration of the Festival. No commercial agents, dealers or salespeople may operate an artist’s booth.
- WAIT LIST
A wait list will be maintained. Wait list applicants can be accepted up to and on the day of the Festival.
- HOW THE FUNDS ARE USED
The 2015 Callanwolde Arts Festival is a fundraising event for The Callanwolde Foundation and The Georgia Foundation for Public Spaces, non-profit organizations dedicated to building a stronger arts community. The GFPS provides scholarships for artists to help them with their artistic career.
- LEGAL AGREEMENT
I hereby consent to the enforcement of Callanwolde Arts Festival rules as printed in this application and other FAQ materials. By applying online or signing a written application, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend the Atlanta Foundation for Public Spaces and the Georgia Foundation for Public Spaces dba Callanwolde Arts Festival and all of its officers, employees, servants and agents, against any and all liability claims, cost of whatever kind and nature, for injury to or death of any person or persons and for loss and damage to any property (State, County or other) occurring in connection with or in any way related to or arising out of the occupancy, use of premises or providing of services and equipment at the Callanwolde Arts Festival.